• Bachelors of science in Finance with a minor in Financial Planning and Investments from Ball State University, Muncie, IN
• Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
• Certified Operations Examiner – Conference of State Bank Supervisors
• Bloomberg Essentials Training Program: Fixed Income/Equity/Commodity/FX
• Examination Management School – Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
• Investments and Bank Management – American Bankers Association
Kevin has five years of experience in the financial institution industry performing various services including Safety and Soundness Examinations, loan review, compliance and internal audit program development and outsourcing, Bank Secrecy Act consulting, and a wide range of special projects to financial institutions ranging from $20 million to $10 billion in total assets.
• Assess the adequacy of identified risk inherent in internal controls, policies, practices, and management information systems and express enhancements and conclusions to personnel and Directorates.
• Assist with evaluating and administering regulatory compliance risk management functions.
• Engagement service In-Charge for regulatory compliance and internal audit testing engagements.
• Regulatory Compliance: Full scope, product and service, and performance assessments and testing. Routine testing engagements include: Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, fair lending, Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive, Acts and Practices, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and Community Re-investment Act reviews.
• Internal Audit: Full scope internal audit, automated clearing house, and trust department assessments and testing.
• Analyze capital adequacy, profitability, and balance sheet in light of current levels, trends, and prospects to assess the financial position of state and regional banks with assets up to $10 billion
• Conduct in-depth analysis of liquidity, investments, and sensitivity to market risk and credit risks to determine solvency and potential impact of changes directly tied to the Federal Funds rate and peer deposit rates
• Assist in evaluating and assessing financial institution management, quality of loans, and securities by reviewing records, CPA Audits and the appropriateness of GAAP