- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Certified in Quality Assessment Review (QAR) by the International Institute of Internal Auditors
Bill is a Senior Director with CLA's Consulting & Accounting Solutions team, supporting clients with Internal Audit, IT Audit, IT Security, Finance and Accounting services. Bill supports several industry sectors and with specific expertise with large Public Corporations, medium/large Privately held Companies, Not for Profits and the Government/Higher Education sector. During this time at CLA, he has provided engagement oversight and guidance at all levels of client engagements. His experience includes a focus on Internal Audit Co-sourcing, IT Audit, IT Security, Internal Controls Assessments, Organizational and Operational Assessments and Interim and Special Project Finance & Accounting needs.
- Led a variety of internal audit engagements for commercial, nonprofit, and governmental sectors
- Government experience has been focused on Internal Audit, IT Audit and Accounting consulting with counties, cities, villages, colleges and universities.
- Large and Medium Corporation experience has been focused on IT Audit, Internal Audit, IT Security, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, Interim Accounting, Rev Rec Assessments, Lease Accounting Assessments, ERM, Continuous Monitoring and Fraud/Forensics investigations
- Supervised Enterprise wide and specific department Risk Assessments
- IT Security experience includes assessment and development of Cybersecurity frameworks
- Finance & Accounting experience includes functional Finance support of ERP implementations, upgrades and Finance transformations, as well as project management and execution support of such new regulation and guidance as Revenue Recognition Assessments, Lease Accounting Assessments, Uniform Grant Guidance and PCAOB Practice Alert #11
- Supervised Organizational and Operational Assessments (aka Finance Department Assessments, FDA's) of government and higher education sector entities in order to drive efficiencies and effectiveness as well as strong internal controls
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)