Bachelor of science in business administration (with major in accounting) from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Michael has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting specializing in providing assurance and conculting services for a variety of organizations, including higher education, not-for-profit and local government. Experience includes:
- GASB experience including working with clients in accomplishing their certificate of achievement for excellence in the financial reporting program;
- FASB experience includes various colleges and universities, social service organizations and foundations.
- Experience in preparing technical consultations on advanced FASB and GASB financial reporting matters such as service concession arrangements, the financial reporting entity, derivative accounting, risk management issues, and adoption of new standards.
- Audits of various federal programs including research and development cluster, various health and human services clusters, federal transportation funds, and student financial assistance cluster.
- Performance of internal control reviews and related testing.
- Other areas of specialization include nonprofit financial reporting and auditing, testing of internal controls over compliance and financial reporting, and financial instrument valuation
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (member of the Ethics Committee term beginning April 2016; member of the Not-for-Profit Committee term beginning January 2016)