- Currently enrolled in the Healthcare Business Management Bachelors Degree program at CSU Global Online Campus - graduating December 2018
- Associates in Applied Science, Health Information Management from Western Nebraska Community College | Scottsbluff, Nebraska
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P)
- Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Professional Coder – Outpatient Hospital (COC)
- Certified Professional Coder – Instructor (CPC-I)
- Certified OB/GYN Coder (COBGC)
Sandy Giangreco Brown is the Director of Coding & Revenue Integrity at CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP. (CLA) She is an AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer specializing in Physician Practices and Outpatient Hospitals and also has experience on both the Outpatient and the Inpatient Hospital side of business. Prior to joining CLA, she managed and developed relationships with clients, coding staff and providers, provides auditing services and performs education sessions for both client staff and providers. She previously supervised staff who audited and educated providers at a large payor/healthcare practice in Colorado. She has more than 28 years of experience in healthcare and medical records management, coding, auditing and compliance in the hospital, outpatient and physician settings. Her areas of specialty include Chargemaster, Revenue Cycle, OBGYN, General Surgery, Cardiology, Anesthesia, E/M and Radiology Coding. She continues to do both regional and national presentations for groups such as AHIMA, WHIMA, CHIMA, NCHIMA, HCCA, AAPC and the Colorado and Wisconsin Medical Societies.
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Selected to speak at HCCA 2018 - "Physician Coding and Risks in the EMR€ 3 hour session
- Selected to speak at AAPC Healthcon Conference in April 2018 on Reporting Audit Results to Providers
- Selected to speak at AHIMA 2018 on three different auditing and coding sessions
The Health Care Compliance Professional's Manual published by HCCA/CCH 2015
AHIMA National Convention 2016 - Co-Presenter
• "Compliance Risks in the EMR€
• "Key to Physician Billing: Using the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database€ two sessions
• "Developing and Implementing an Audit Program for Physician Services€
HCCA National Compliance Conference 2016 - Co-Presenter
• "Compliance Risks in the EMR€
• "Creating and Implementing a Physician Audit Program€
Co-Presenter at AAPC National Conference HealthCon 2016 - Two sessions - "Implementing a Physician Audit Program" and "Compliance Risks in the EMRs"
Co-Presenter at American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) National Conference September 2015 - "Compliance Risks and Mistakes in the Physician Practice."
Quoted in The Journal of AHIMA - "Anatomy of a Physician Coder; Small, medium and large physician practices all feature these multi-tasking, multi-responsibility coders."
Other presentations and publications can be provided if desired.
Eramo, Lisa A. "Anatomy of a Physician Coder: Small, medium, and large physician practices all feature these multi-tasking, multi-responsibility coders." Journal of AHIMA 83, no.11 (November 2012): 28-32.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Co-Chair of the Data Quality of CHIMA 2016-17
- Co-Chair of the Program Committee of NCHIMA for 2016.
- Project One Volunteer and Team Coordinator/The Giving Tree - Crossroads Church, Loveland CO 2011 to 2018.
- Chairperson of the Physician Practice Committee CHIMA 2010-2016.