- Masters of Science in Organizational Leadership - Colorado State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting - University of Utah
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Government Audit Professional (CGAP)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
Audrey Donovan has over 20 years of progressive audit and accounting experience.
Prior to joining CLA, Audrey was the Deputy Director of the Audit Services Department at the City & County of Denver, where she implemented a Sarbanes-Oxley “light” program. Additionally, she added automated workpapers, TeamMate, and moved the platform to the “cloud.” She presented monthly to the televised Audit Committee and City Council meetings. Audrey is frequently sought after for speaking engagements.
Audrey was formerly the Manager at Ernst & Young (ey) and PriceWaterhouseCoopers (pwc) where she led Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance engagements for hundreds of clients in various industries.
Her primary industry experience includes government, banking / finance, manufacturing, retail, oil/gas, healthcare, and telecom.
Audrey served on the International Public Sector Committee for the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) from 20102 – 2015. During that time, she co-authored the Practice Guide: Creating an Internal Audit Competency Process (IA-CP).
- Internal, Financial, Operational, Regulatory, and Compliance assessments
- Fraud Risk Assessment and fraud reviews
- IT integrated audits
- Future state design and implementation
- Benchmarking assessments and leading practice recommendations
- Audit Committee Presentations
- Assessing and implementing a strong internal control environment
- ERM implementation and readiness assessment
- Data Analysis
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance & SOX IT assessments
- COSO 2013 implementation
- Policy and procedure development
- Facilitation of training and workshops
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) - served on the International Public Sector Committee (May 2012 – May 2015).
- Association for Local Government Auditors (ALGA) - Recipient of the Knighton Award for three consecutive years (2012, 2013 & 2014).
- Association for Government Accountants (AGA)