- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University, Fullerton
- Juris Doctorate Degree in Law from Western State University College of Law
- FBI Academy, Quantico, VA
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) CA
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Private InvestigatorAmerican (PI) CA
Ernie is the lead principal for the Forensic Services Division of CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA), Glendora Office. His practice at CLA involves expert witness consultation; forensic accounting; fraud investigations and examinations; and training and litigation support—serving law firms, private businesses, state and local government, higher education, nonprofits and law enforcement entities.
Prior to joining CLA, Ernie worked with several distinguished organizations including KPMG, the FBI and PricewaterhouseCoopers (formerly Coopers & Lybrand). While working as an FBI Special Agent for over 20 years, Ernie’s FBI experiences involved working with the "mafia," bank robbers, kidnappers, undercover operations and white collar criminals all over the country. Ernie was also an Executive Manager of the FBI and a member of the FBI’s Inspection Team.
Ernie recently received regional and national attention for his wealth of knowledge in forensic accounting and sought-after insights on the Ben Affleck movie "The Accountant."
Ernie has also been featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal for his extensive forensic accounting experience and has been involved in many high-profile fraud cases in the news, in particular those involving educational institutions.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), member
- Orange County, LA and IE Chapters of the ACFE, former OC Board Member
- National and Los Angeles Chapter of the Society of Former Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, member and former LA Chapter Chairman
- State Bar of California, Member
- Pacific Coast Youth Foundation, Board Memberr