- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting) from University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- Master of Professional Accountancy from University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Professional Training and Involvement
- Maintains over 40 hours of continuing professional education per year in accounting, auditing, healthcare, and nonprofit industries
- Compliant with PCAOB and Yellobook requirements
Michael is experienced in providing seamless assurance, tax, and consulting services for healthcare and nonprofit industy clients. Michael's primary focus and service line is in providing assurance services to entities of all sizes from a small nonprofit to a large multi-entity consolidated organization. Michael is experienced in properly planning assurance engagements, risk assessment, detailed testing, data analytics, and preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP. In addition to experience in assurance services, Michael has experience in preparing a variety of Form 990 tax returns for our Not-For-Profit assurance clients at the conclusion of their audit engagement. This has allowed Michael to have numerous meaningful discussions with clients regarding the services we can provide to them and bridge the gap between assurance and tax services while providing a seamless service engagement.
Additionally, Michael has experience with and is involved in the Wisconsin School Choice Program AUP services that CLA provides to numerous Private School's across Southeastern Wisconsin that participate in the Private School Choice Program and Special Needs Scholarship Program. These services include the Fall Enrollment and Fiscal Practices Reports and the Spring Enrollment Report.
- Health Care - Senior Living
- Private Grade Schools
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Certified Public Accountant - State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants- Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Member