- Bachelors of Business Administration, SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Utica, NY
- Masters of Entrepreneurship, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC
- Certified Fraud examiner through the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Certified Governmental Auditing Professional through the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance through the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)
- Accredited Healthcare Fraud Investigator through the National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (NHCAA)
- Certified Healthcare Internal Audit Professional through the Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors (AHIA)
Holly is a manager in CLA’s Specialized Advisory Services practice and has more than 20 years of experience in audit, compliance, consulting, and financial services within the governmental, healthcare, insurance, and private sector industries. Her success record includes being part of a team that identified $6 million in fraud in the largest school system in NC and assisting a large healthcare system on the US east coast recover $7 million due to fraudulent changes in vendor files. Her experience includes managing co-source internal audit partnerships, consultative services, and internal audit consulting services. In addition, Holly has managed operational, financial, compliance, culture and SOX audits within healthcare, non-profits, financial services, SaaS, life sciences, state government, and manufacturing.
Experience in Internal Audit Services
Holly has significant experience in effectively coordinating and directing complex projects ensuring completion with strict regard for client specifications, time and budgetary constraints, and the development of numerous risk services offerings including:
- Internal audit including information technology, financial, and operational audits as published by COSO.
- Developed procedures for the evaluation of information technology controls in support of a financial audit and service organization reporting.
- Operational, financial, cultural, information technology and compliance assessments.
- Enterprise-wide risk assessments.
- Application of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Current state assessments, including inefficiency and process improvement identification.
- Future state design and process reengineering and implementation.
- Business requirements identification and ERP vendor selection processes.
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance engagements.
- Model Audit Rule (MAR) Audits
- IT general control reviews.
- Speaks at various conferences and professional organizations across the country educating professionals on the topics of internal audit and risk management.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Board member for the Raleigh-Durham Chaper of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Board member for Dream Coat Ministries