Meet your evolving needs with three integrated business lines in one professional services firm.
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
Receive the analysis you need to detect and prevent fraud or other misconduct.
CliftonLarsonAllen’s proprietary methodology helps analyze data to find potential issues of fraud and other types of misconduct.
Forensic data analysis benefits
Our data interrogation software efficiently processes and analyzes large amounts of financial and non-financial data, and includes the following benefits:
- Can be used in the prevention, detection, or response of fraud or other misconduct
- Built-in audit functionality, including powerful, audit-specific commands and a self-documenting audit trail
- 100 percent data coverage — certain audit procedures can be performed on entire populations, not just samples
- The ability to retrieve and analyze data from virtually any computing environment
- More precise conclusions that help reduce the need to extrapolate information from errors — a common issue when manually auditing data
How does it work?
Our methodology helps us indentify anomalies and red flags that are indicative of fraud and other types of misconduct. We will:
- Acquire and normalize relevant electronic data
- Run pre-determined analytics then customize an analysis against trends
- Graphically view trends in data to decipher between false positives, errors, or misappropriations
- Test high-risk items to verify appropriate or inappropriate transactions
- Review inappropriate activity and supporting documentation to prove the transactions
- Confer with your organization and prepare a detailed report of findings
Forensic data analysis services
We can investigate and analyze:
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations
- Corruption schemes
- Fictitious vendors and customers
- Accounts payable fraud or payment error
- Related-party transactions
- Travel and expense fraud
- Manual journal entry manipulation
- Payroll fraud/ghost employees
- Earnings management
- Client-specific analysis