Meet your evolving needs with three integrated business lines in one professional services firm.
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
BS in Accounting, Appalachian State University MS in Accounting, Appalachian State University
Steve is a partner in CliftonLarsonAllen’s Charlotte office with over 25 years of experience, and serves as the firm’s Health Care Transactions Practice Leader. Steve previously served in a variety of leadership roles including the firm’s National Health Care Assurance Services Leader, the National Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Leader, the Southeast Health Care Practice leader, and the Charlotte office Health Care Practice Leader.
He is currently serving a three-year term on the AICPA’s Health Care Expert Panel. In this role, Steve helps voice the health care industry’s views to the standard setting bodies, as well as provides technical guidance and assistance to health care organizations.
Steve has extensive experience serving health care clients throughout his 25 year career, including:
- Led financial accounting due diligence engagements (buy-side and sell-side) for private equity investor groups, investment bankers, venture capital funds, health care REITs, and various health care providers for deals ranging from $5 million - $200 million.
- Has experience with developing and analyzing financial models, projections and forecasts, and reviewing target companies’ financial performance
- Assisted with over $5 billion of health care tax-exempt bond financings
- Strategic financial planning and financial feasibility studies for various health care providers
- Acted as the signing audit partner for health care clients ranging from small $5 million not-for-profit providers to large multi-entity health systems with over $1.5 billion in annual net patient revenues
- Represented the AICPA in testifying before the Senate Special Committee on Aging in 2014 as they investigated reform of the Medicare RAC audit program
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
Member of AICPA Health Care Expert Panel ACG, HFMA, AICPA, NCACPA