Meet your evolving needs with three integrated business lines in one professional services firm.
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
• M.B.A., Executive MBA Program, Loyola College, Baltimore, MD - Beta Gamma Sigma
• B.S. in Business Administration, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, MD
• Certified Fraud Examiner, 1997
• Certified Public Accountant, 1999
• Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, 2007
• Certified in Financial Forensics, 2008
• Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, completed 42 hours of training in “Mediating the Litigated Case”, 2013
• Extensive experience tracing inappropriate disbursements involving fiduciary funds as well as illegal payments through slush funds and multi-tiered entities, and includes tracking and identifying shell companies and other entities used to divert funds for illegitimate purposes.
• Appointed Receiver by the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, SEC v Lawrence P. Schmidt et al, Case No. 1:14-cv-01002-CRC. Website of public documents maintained at www.futuregenreceviership.com.
• Appointed Receiver by the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of New York,, SEC v Garth Peterson, Case No. Cv12-2033/CR 12-224.
• Appointed Receiver by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in a joint civil prosecution by the SEC and CFTC in a Ponzi scheme, SEC v Joseph Forte and Joseph Forte LP, Case No. 09-00063 and CFTC v Joseph Forte LP, Case No. 09-00064. See public documents maintained at www.fortereceivership.com
• Retained by Audit Committees and Lawyers to investigate and document improper payments involving grant funds and other improper uses of capital; calculations of loss provided to clients for filing in criminal and civil matters, including insurance claims.
• Retained by a Bank to defend against Reg-O and other violations cited by the regulators. Interacted with the regulators, and resolved to their satisfaction the items mentioned in the Consent Order.
• Over 25 years experience working with attorneys in all phases of litigation beginning with pre-trial investigation and planning, discovery, fact and expert testimony at mediation, U.S. District Court settlement conferences, bankruptcy hearings, and trial. Experienced working with the FBI, IRS Criminal Investigation Division, Inspector Generals and US Attorneys offices on parallel criminal investigations. Experienced in consensus building in conflict scenarios and dispute resolution with diplomacy.
• Lead forensic fraud and financial examinations relating to civil and criminal investigations, bankruptcy fraud, receivership of venture capital companies and Ponzi schemes, fraudulent conveyances, constructive trust actions and preferences, white collar crimes, money laundering, mortgage and title company fraud, “piercing the corporate veil” analysis, misuse of federal funds, regulatory and compliance violations, civil RICO, conversion of assets, EEOC claims, insurance claims, kiting, kickbacks, and self-dealing and breach of fiduciary claims against officers and directors of private equity companies, banks, attorneys, accountants and other parties. Forensic examinations of corporate books and financial records total over 300 and include hundreds of interviews.
• Expert testifying in “Piercing the Corporate Veil” fraud litigation.
• CFO of an international environmental venture capital company.
• Principal Agent for the U.S. Small Business Administration in its capacity as a federal court-appointed Receiver for Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs), and managed 18 such receiverships. Responsible for the management, liquidation and dissolution of SBICs, together with the development of the litigation strategy on all receivership claims. Resolved over $100,000,000 in litigation and claims.
• Conducted off-shore investigations in South Korea, United Kingdom, India and the Caribbean in support of domestic SBIC receivership litigation. • Retained by NCUA on a sensitive multi-billion dollar sub-prime lending investigation that resulted in the issuance of a Risk Alert for Credit Unions.
• Appointed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland (in Re Minh Vu Hoang et al, Case NO. 05-21078) as the forensic fraud expert on bankruptcy fraud and money laundering hundreds of affiliated and fictitious entities involving close to $1,000 foreclosure actions and flipping of real estate).
• Appointed Examiner in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland to investigation allegations of improper insider dealing (in Re Progressive Baptist Church, Case No. 07-21183)
• Top Secret Security Clearance through U.S. Department of Defense.
In the community
• Board of Directors, National Association of Federal Equity Receivers, 2012, 2013
• Board of Directors, International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, 2014
• Co-Chair, Commercial Fraud Committee, American Bankruptcy Institute, 2014 (former Education Director)
• Member, ABA Working Group on White Collar Crime Asset Forfeiture and Business Bankruptcy, 2012, 2013
• Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
• Member, Virginia Society of CPAs and AICPA
• Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and Washington Metro Chapter of CFEs
• Member, Women in Technology
• Member, Executive Women’s Roundtable
• Member, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
• Former Director, Virginia Society of CPAs Education Foundation (May 2002 to April 2003)
• Former Director, Washington Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners
• Women’s Group, St. John the Beloved Church