Meet your evolving needs with three integrated business lines in one professional services firm.
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
Karen provides tax compliance and consulting services to exempt organizations. Her public accounting career includes providing services to a variety of tax-exempt organizations, including governmental entities, charities, foundations, social welfare, business leagues and associations, colleges and universities, health care providers, religious organizations, and others.
Karen provides a broad range of services to tax-exempt clients, including analysis, planning, and reporting of unrelated business income; intermediate sanctions analysis; organizational structures; corporate compliance reviews; joint venture planning to preserve exempt status; consulting on matters of fringe benefits and compensation; resolving disclosure issues related to Form 990; and maintenance of exempt and public charity status.
Karen is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants. Karen is also a member of the Alliance for Charitable Reform’s new Advisory Council, a group providing guidance to the organization’s public policy efforts.
Karen formerly served as a member of the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (ACT). The ACT consists of external stakeholders and representatives who deal with employee retirement plans, tax-exempt organizations, tax-exempt bonds and federal, state, local and Indian tribal governments.
Karen is a frequent speaker on exempt organization tax issues for many organizations including the AICPA, multiple State Societies of CPAs, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), ASAE, Aging Services of Minnesota, Georgetown University Law Center Nonprofit Conference, Washington Nonprofit Legal and Tax Conference, and others. She has been involved as a volunteer audit committee and board member for multiple organizations.
Karen provides a broad range of services to tax-exempt clients, including:
• Planning and reporting of Unrelated Business Income
• Intermediate sanctions analysis
• Organizational structures
• Corporate compliance reviews
• Joint venture planning to preserve exempt status
• Consulting on matters of fringe benefits and compensation
• Resolving disclosure issues related to Form 990
• Maintenance of exempt and public charity status
• Certified Public Accountant
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
• Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
• American Society of Association Executives, Member
• NACUBO, CACUBO, EACUBO, SACUBO, WACUBO, Member